Day by Day Cartoons are featured on my sidebar each day...
Barack Obama said that everything that can possibly be said about health care has been said. He has continued to talk about it long afterward, however. No matter what you think about me, if you are an American I would ask you to think about a few things:
1) Obamites are crazy to pass this massive bill. Why? Why are they not concerned about jobs? We saw them push ridiculous stimulus bills which were in large part excuses to give away money to supporters and often failed to create even one job. We see more joblessness in our nation than ever before. Why does the Obama Administration and the Democrats, why do they want to pass this huge monstrosity of a bill which will greatly grow government (Obama himself admitted it would be a takeover of one-sixth of the economy) when the economy is going in the tank? Do the Democrats WANT another great depression?
2) Obama ran on a campaign of transparency and ethics in government. I do not have to tell you about all the behind-closed-doors negotiations and special deals and etc. Obviously the worst political behavior is now acceptable in Washington, more now than ever. Are you unhappy about this yet? Are you ready to make sure to vote against any politician who supports this and to make sure he or she knows it?
3) Various states (including next-door-to-DC-Virginia) are planning Constitutional challenges to any "deeming" maneuvers under Article One Section Seven of the Constitution and further challenges to the bill should it pass as being unconstitutionally applied to commerce. We may have the biggest crisis to the Union since the Civil War because individual states (36 at this count and probably at least 43 when all is said and done) are going to sue to keep their states from being subject to the bill. Certainly I have to hope that my state is able to fend off Obamacare. I would lose my doctor and my health would be endangered if I were flung into the uncaring arms of "the system." Almost fifty percent of the doctors say they may have to quit medicine if this is enacted. How can that possibly be improvement?
4) This particular version of the bill has just been released to the public and the House membership and it is monumentally huge. There are somewhere around 170 agencies noted in this bill and there are all sorts of references to previous legislation. There is no way the House membership is going to get that thing read and understood in 72 hours and, knowing politicians, very few of them will try. A few staffers will be made to identify certain portions and identify highlights and pain points for them and that will be it. The House will be voting on something they do not understand. How dare they vote for something they do not understand?
5) Do not be fooled by the CBO scoring of the bill. They were given ten years of income and six years of output to score. The features released to the CBO do not consider consequences to other portions of the budget. So the CBO score is not an accurate representation of the bill as it will actually work. How can they get away with this scam?
6) Moveon.org sent a memo out to their membership to gather at South Bend, Indiana and I have a first hand report from a professional photographer:
In addition to the local media covering the event, the New York Times was also there. The New York Times photographer didn't get there until way after most of the demonstrators had left. I will post my own photograph's of the event at a later time.
So moveon.org tried to get the people to show support for Obamacare and the opposition out-numbered them four to one. This is typical of what is happening around the country. Ordinary people are getting riled up about a government that is taking over banks and car companies and now want to take over health care? Somebody say NO! Are you concerned yet?
7) The only growth industry in the USA is government and now the government is hiring people to monitor us to make sure we have coverage as mandated by law when it passes and they are buying shotguns to carry. Are we going to be attacked and perhaps murdered by our own country? Is Big Brother coming to the door in suits and carrying police-quality 12 guage shotguns?
IRS buying shotguns?
So is the Department of Education?
No, I am not kidding.
What the heck? How crazy is this country? Do you Obama voters feel good about it now?
My Country 'tis off course, shotguns bring red remorse, Patrick Henry
said liberty or death, that will be my last breath no matter what Obama saith
Liberty or death!!!