Search This Blog

Sunday, January 22, 2006

DIETING WITH SEATTLE SUTTON

I, Radar, am a guy who used to be a runner, an athlete, a guy with a very low pulse rate and great lung power. But over the years, due to a bad accident and the habit of stuffing his face, I became fat. I mean FAT, like people thought maybe I had Goodyear painted on my tummy. I mean FAT, like wearing 2XL shirts and they are kind of tight. FAT like my 50-inch Dockers felt like they were cutting me in half. I was eating like I was going to the gym three times a week and continually out there playing basketball and tennis and volleyball, but instead I was sitting on my butt.

Did I try dieting? I did the low carb thing, which worked for awhile but then left me craving the foods I could not have. I would go off the diet and binge like crazy! I tried fasting two days a week. Nope. I bought three different diet books and used their methods. But it always came down to the idea that I still ate too much of whatever it is I was scheduled to eat and constant craving would have me sneaking out to the refrigerator at one AM for a bagel and a couple of slices of cheese. Maybe I’d put a slice of ham with that cheese. Or two. Maybe I would add a few cookies.

Finally I made the decision that since I now weighed THREE TIMES as much as my cute little portable wife, something drastic had to occur. I signed up for Seattle Sutton and decided I would limit myself to only what was offered to me in the little plastic shrink-wrapped trays. My breakfast might be two slices of raisin bread, some peanut butter and some sliced pineapple. Maybe lunch would be turkey chili with three cheese cubes and a tiny package of crackers. Dinner could be some mostaccioli with a side of beets. I just decided to eat what was presented to me and no more.

Twenty-five pounds later (!) I am dedicated to the Seattle Sutton plan. I’m not really on a diet to lose weight, I am on a diet to recover and maintain my good health. I feel better, my clothes don’t pinch me, and it seems as if I even think a bit more clearly. I’m staying with this for a long, long time!

Sadly, I don’t get anything from Seattle Sutton to advertise their stuff; I am just sharing information with the Blogworld. But I suppose the best advertisement is the unpaid and heartfelt kind. A year ago my youngest son began to be able to beat me at tennis. My skills were greater, but I just didn’t have any mobility. By this summer I want to turn the tables on him and make him have to work to get up to my level. I want to go to the beach without having kids shout, “Whale!” and run to find their parents. If you have an eating problem, really, give this managed eating system a chance!

2 comments:

Don Marko said...

That's great Kimbal! My wife worked for Seattle Sutton for about a month (long story). They seemed to have a good plan for healthy eating. My dad tried it, but that didn't go too far ;) BTW - I have a blog but havent been on it in ages...

DavidMBinder said...

Now, now... your plan on losing weight is all well and good, but there's no need to "turn" any "tables" on your youngest son (who, by the way, I find to be as good as I am at tennis... so enough of that racquet).