"A little science estranges a man from God. A lot of science brings him back."
"God has, in fact, written two books, not just one. Of course, we are all familiar with the first book he wrote, namely Scripture. But he has written a second book called creation."
The Great Oz has spoken. Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain....the...Great...er...Oz has spoken.
A sampling of other black boxes:
- In telecommunications, a black box is a resistor connected to a phone line that makes it impossible for the telephone company's equipment to detect when a call has been answered.
- In data mining, a black box is an algorithm or a technology that doesn't provide an explanation of how it works.
- In software development, a black box is a testing method in which the tester has no knowledge of the inner workings of the program being tested. The tester might know what is input and what the expected outcome is, but not how the results are achieved. A black box component is a compiled program that is protected from alteration by ensuring that a programmer can only access it through an exposed interface.
- In film-making, a black box is a dedicated hardware device: equipment that is specifically used for a particular function.
- In the theatre and television, a black box is an unfurnished studio.
- In the financial world, a black box is a computerized trading system that does not make its rules easily available.
Deeper look? You can't help it, go ahead!
Yes, mechanisms! Organisms are biological machines with hardware and software and operating systems and meta-information and built-in redundancies and contingency plans and emergency plans with vast amounts of information that could have only come from an intelligent source. They cannot have come from nothing. In fact, the Universe cannot have come from nothing and yet in the end that is what Darwinists claim.
Today on facebook I was offered a chance to "like" the idea that the Universe was formed by a black hole!!!!!!!!!!!! Uh, you have to have material existence to have a black hole to produce all material existence? Talk about circular reasoning! It is to laugh if it was not so pitiful. Laugh? We are supposed to get 28 inches of snow in the next 24 hours with 55 to 60 mph winds forming nice big drifts so very probably the house will be nicely insulated...with snow. SO LET'S HAVE A HEARTY CHUCKLE AND THEN MOVE ON? Darwinism is not the only thing that is hilariously ridiculous...
Billie Jean is not my Plover. She's just a Gull that claims that I am the one...
The fact is that complexity is a very valid argument when the simplest conceivable life form needs to be remarkably complex and the biochemical facts of life are such that the so-called "building blocks of life" cannot exist on their own and could not have assembled themselves even if information was not needed...which it is. Information has no mass, no material form, no substance - it is not natural and therefore it is supernatural. Life has no mass, no material form, no substance - it is not natural and therefore it is also supernatural. Darwinists can make huge ridiculous claims but ask them to produce a gram of information or life for you sometime - they cannot do it! They can show you a living being and they can transmit information to you using a material to contain it, such as a writing pad or waves of sound and that is the closest they can get.
In the real world proteins and enzymes and such are not just floating around hoping to hook up with a fellow biological building block. The parts that make up life are not often found naturally outside of organisms themselves. Darwinists would prefer that the common man did not know of the biochemical challenges to an accidental formation of life, let alone the reproduction and the conversion into the diversity life demonstrates today. We actually have no idea how many trillions of varieties of organisms there are, because everywhere we go on Earth where we have not looked previously we find more - in ice, at the bottom of the ocean, in extremes of hot and cold, miles overhead floating in the air, deep in jungles, high atop mountains...Also even in places we frequent new varieties of organisms are discovered. Funny thing is they all have that same DNA signature...hmmm...I guess God signs EVERYTHING he makes that would be called "alive?"
Where Darwinists shine is their very imaginative just-so stories in which they give you all these (profoundly impossible statistically) long strings of accidents that happen to happen in remarkably fortunate ways without going into much depth because they would then have to address the actual evidence at which point they kind of sidle away. Evidence is not a Darwinist's friend when investigation of life at the cellular level and beyond is done. Remember our old friend the bacterial flagellum?