First, notice they quit crying out "Global Warming?!" Because the globe was not warming. Sure, weather stations were reporting higher temperatures, but once we began to look as satellite readings and deep sea diving drones and collating the data, we discovered the dangerous man-made global warming was not happening!
- Sensor is near windows, which radiate heat from heated interior rooms in winter
- Sensor is directly above effluent grates for waste-water, Waste-water is often warmer than the air many months of the year
- Sensor is between three buildings, restricting wind flow
- Sensor is between three buildings, acting as a corner reflector for infrared
- Several exhaust fans near sensor, even though one is disable, there are two more on the walls (silver domes)
- Air conditioner within 35 feet of sensor, enclosed area will tend to trap the exhaust air near sensor
- Sensor is directly over concrete slab
- Refrigeration unit nearby, exhausts air into the enclosed area
- Shadows of all buildings create a valley effect related to sunlight at certain times
- There are two nearby digester pools, which release heat and humidity in the sensor vicinity
- Heat and humidity plume over the site from digesters is often tens of degrees warmer than the air in the wintertime
Not only did the CRU scientists discuss ways to hide data and cover themselves, they and IPCC scientists tried to hide and manipulate other data sets. Oh, and of course the famous "Hockey Stick Graph", which was an attempt to trick the public into believing that our coastal cities would soon be flooded and disaster would hit the planet. In truth, when the climate warms then plants grow more and bigger and crops flourish, giving mankind more food for less money. We WANT global warming, if possible!!!
If you notice the "Medieval Warming Period" lasted for hundreds of years? It was a time of plenty and allowed Vikings to set up farms and cattle ranches in Greenland and Nova Scotia, among other places and, in fact, Greenland actually WAS mainly green in those days. Digs in North America and Greenland have revealed the truth - Global Warming was great for mankind!
But despite all the evidence-spinners who are working overtime to convince you that mankind is dangerously effecting the environment? Remember a couple of things...
1) How often do meteorologists get long-range forecasts right? Unless they are making predictions for unusual areas (like Coastal California (which has a definite wet and dry season) you cannot depend on predictions a month in advance...and you know it!
2) Al Gore stated the North Pole icecap would be melted by 2012, in fact actually should now be gone!RealScience showing that Arctic sea ice has made a stunning rebound since the record low recorded in the late summer of 2012.
With a few weeks of growth still to occur, the Arctic has blown away the previous record for ice gain this winter. This is only the third winter in history when more than 10 million km² of new ice has formed.
Source data: arctic.atmos.uiuc.edu/cryosphere/timeseries.anom.1979-2008
Of course, this is only a record for the satellite era data back to about 1980, and just like the much ballyhooed record low of 2012, we have no hard data to tell us if this has happened before or not.
Here’s the current Cryosphere Today plot, note the steep rebound right after the summer minimum, something also noted in Sea Ice News Volume 3 Number 14 – Arctic refreeze fastest ever:
Source: Cryosphere Today – Arctic Climate Research at the University of Illinois
This continued growth of ice in the
As always, you can see all the sea ice data at the WUWT Sea Ice Reference Page.