Search This Blog

Sunday, May 08, 2011

Happy Mother's Day! For those of you with mothers who loved you enough not to kill you....

Mainstream Media Should Acknowledge Unborn are Human Beings

by Rob Schwarzwalder | Washington, DC | LifeNews.com | 5/6/11 10:55 AM

Here are some things in life you just can’t avoid:  Death and taxes come to mind, of course, and the seeming inevitability of the Cubs’ ultimate collapse. There are others.  One of them is the inescapable reality that abortion involves not a collation of tissue but the destruction of a person, a human being.




This is not just a theological assertion or philosophical rumination: We know from medical science that from conception, the unborn child has the entire DNA of a fully mature adult.  What changes at time of birth is not the humanness of the child but his or her place of residence: For nine months, the womb was home; for the remainder of a person’s life, it is the world around us.

Even the mass media cannot help itself.  In ordinary stories, the personhood of the child pops up in the simple reportage of stories of the day.  However much the pro-abortion movement has sought to shape the language of popular culture and public education, the fact that the little ones in the womb are, in fact, people, keeps intruding itself into public discourse.  For example (bold and italics are mine):
  • On Monday of this week, the ABC affiliate in Minneapolis-St. Paul noted that a “grand jury has returned an indictment charging a Buffalo man with three counts of vehicular homicide after a multi-vehicle crash in Lakeville killing two people and an unborn child.
  • On April 28, the Montgomery (AL) Advertiser had this headline: “Family grieves loss of woman, her unborn child.”
  • In Bowling Green, Kentucky, the CBS affiliate told us late last month that a “Kentucky state investigator testified Tuesday that Kathy Michelle Coy, the woman accused of killing a pregnant mother and stealing her baby.”
  • Yesterday, the Today Show news site reported, “Mom recounts saving unborn child from shooting spree.”
  • Also yesterday, the Chicago Tribune, one of the nation’s largest papers, informed us that “Cook County Judge James Linn sentenced James Larry, 33, of Madison, Wis., to five natural life sentences on murder charges, two 30-year prison sentences for attempted murder charges and two 45-year prison sentences for charges of intentional homicide of an unborn child.”

These are only a few examples from just the past couple of weeks.

Seminary president Al Mohler has observed that while “The American conscience remains deeply divided over the question of abortion … the truth has a way of working itself into view.”

That view is clearly seen in every ultrasound, but is also known to the “law written on the heart” described by the Apostle Paul (Romans 2:15).  We can euphemize our language, speaking only of “fetus” and “choice.”  We can deflect the demands of intellectual honesty when confronted by medical fact and common reason.  But in the depth of our hearts and minds, we know better.  We know.

LifeNews.com: Rob Schwarzwalder is with the Family Research Council.

~~~~~~~

Seeing as how you are reading this, if you are a US resident and less than 28 years old, you really should thank your Mom for Mother's Day because she could have legally murdered you.


People should be given a chance to live.  God has created every life to have intrinsic value and has given all people choices to make.   Some people choose to ignore and violate God's laws to the point that even God decides they should be executed.   There is no way to keep order in society without a set of laws and only laws established by the Creator God are seated on unshakable foundations of Truth.   

Yes, God is the ultimate Judge and every man, woman and child will either humble themselves before God and accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior or they will face God to have their full life judged against God's Law.   You will need to be either forgiven or perfect.   I wouldn't bet on perfect.

There are laws that have been passed to help keep peace and protect the innocent.   God's Law prohibits murder but allows for execution for cause.   The Ten Commandments actually tell us not to murder rather than the generic term, "kill."   Lawful governments may determine that serial killers should be executed.   If warfare breaks out, troops have to shoot and kill the enemy.  But no one can look at an ultrasound, see the child inside and show that he or she has committed a capital offense.  

How great is the hypocrisy of Darwinists who defy God by promoting their ludicrous belief systems that usually include allowing for baby murdering and then dare to search through the Old Testament for precepts of God they claim are "wrong."   Chief among such is Richard Dawkins, a fool of fools who labels God in this manner:

“The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.” Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

So Darwinists and Eugenicists who hunted down and skinned aborigines, forcibly castrated African-Americans and have promoted the murder of tens of millions of babies are moral?   The men who used Darwinist-inspired philosophy as an excuse to wipe out tens of millions of innocent people such as Hitler and Stalin and Mao are moral? 


Every individual or group that was targeted in the Old Testament was descended from people who knew God and knew the truth and had decided to engage in immoral and beastly practices like child sacrifice and temple prostitution.  That Dawkins is ignorant of the Bible to the point that he would make such a ridiculous statement is one thing, but the idea that millions agree with him makes him a great villain.  

Richard Dawkins will not have the guts to stand before the God he has labeled, he will cower before Him with tears and desperate pleas before he is justly cast into the lake of fire for all time, separated from God and hope.   I'll see it happen and I will know it is just. 

Don't think I like the idea.   If I could get through to Richard Dawkins and save him from his fate, I would do it.   I am simply well aware of what the Bible teaches and what Dawkins says.  His own words have consigned him to hell...unless he repents.   God is not a respecter of persons, he will save a beggar and cast a king into hell.   He will allow Dawkins to repent on his death bed if Richard is willing, even after living a life devoted to fighting against Him.   God is Love.  He will have mercy even above judgment.  I wish every Darwinist who reads this blog rethinks the entire concept of the Creator God and find that Jesus Christ really is the Messiah.


I blog to tell the truth as a ministry and to help keep people from going to hell because of the lies of Darwinism.  I don't do it for money but rather for the sake of others.   So many commenters feel as if they are in a war with me and yet they are blind to what this is all about.   I am not seeking to be right so they can be wrong.   I am seeking to open the eyes of the brainwashed and help them to think critically about EVERYTHING and especially about the concept of God versus AnythingButGod.

Today our pastor reminded us of the story of Moses as a baby.   The Egyptian Pharoah had forgotten Joseph and how the Hebrew had saved Egypt.  The Hebrews had become slaves to the Egyptians and they were prospering so  Pharoah ordered as follows at the end of Exodus chapter one:  "Then Pharaoh gave this order to all his people: “Every Hebrew boy that is born you must throw into the Nile, but let every girl live.”

So when Moses was born, his mother kept him concealed three months and then built a small basket boat and put him in the Nile and had Moses' sister Mariam watch over the baby.   Did they do this every day and then take the baby back at night to feed him?  We don't know, but here is what eventually happened, from Exodus chapter two:  "Now a man of the tribe of Levi married a Levite woman,  and she became pregnant and gave birth to a son. When she saw that he was a fine child, she hid him for three months.  But when she could hide him no longer, she got a papyrus basket for him and coated it with tar and pitch. Then she placed the child in it and put it among the reeds along the bank of the Nile.  His sister stood at a distance to see what would happen to him. 
 
Then Pharaoh’s daughter went down to the Nile to bathe, and her attendants were walking along the riverbank. She saw the basket among the reeds and sent her female slave to get it.  She opened it and saw the baby. He was crying, and she felt sorry for him. “This is one of the Hebrew babies,” she said.
  Then his sister asked Pharaoh’s daughter, “Shall I go and get one of the Hebrew women to nurse the baby for you?”
  “Yes, go,” she answered.

So the girl went and got the baby’s mother.  Pharaoh’s daughter said to her, “Take this baby and nurse him for me, and I will pay you.” So the woman took the baby and nursed him.  When the child grew older, she took him to Pharaoh’s daughter and he became her son. She named him Moses, saying, “I drew him out of the water.”

Moses went on to become Egyptian royalty but chose to identify himself with the Hebrews rather than the Egyptians and many, many years later would meet God and lead the Hebrews out of Egypt to the Promised Land.  But it never would have happened if not for the extraordinary efforts made by his mother to save his life.   Moses had a mother who managed to save his life while technically being obedient to the authority who demanded that Hebrew boys be thrown into the Nile.  Moses was thrown into the Nile.  Surrounded by a tiny boat!

All you mothers out there, thank you for loving your children and giving of your lives to raise them.   A Mom will be challenged, overwhelmed, exhausted while raising children, particularly if she has to work a job outside the home at the same time as she is raising kids.  Even one kid.   

In a wiser, more Godly society there would be fewer single parent homes and more stable home environments and life would be better for everyone.   Life is not often ideal.   My parents divorced.   My home was broken.  My Mom had to work.  My Dad remarried and I had two families to some extent.   I had to grow up a little faster and take a few responsibilities at home as a kid.

Years later I was a Mr. Mom with four kids at home, no wife, and I understood what single mothers have to deal with.   I suspect I was a lot better at maintaining the lawn and automobile and less able to clean house and cook than the average Mom but I worked my butt off and cared for my kids.  The oldest graduated high school and got married so I then had three at home...plus the five or six or seven neighborhood kids who hung out at my house.  You know how some Moms are the neighborhood Kool-Aid Mom where all the little kids hang out?  I was the frozen pizza Dad at whose house all the teenagers hung out.   Sometimes one would come over and stay for days at a time.   Man, I was not a good housekeeper and rarely cooked a meal myself because I worked a lot.   But my heart was dedicated to my kids first.   There a lots of single Dads out there, too,.  We should all relate to single mothers.

Eventually I married a woman who was a widow with children and our combined family and combined households are tremendously happy.    We have a great life now.   It never would have happened without a loving, dedicated Mom who loved me and supported me and believed in me even when I was out in the world doing crazy things.   I got pretty wild and yet my Mom always hoped I would get it turned around and become a good man.   Thanks for believing in me, Mom!!!

I remember when my Mom took me to Wrigley Field for my birthday back in 1969.  I was a Red's fan and I wore a Red's shirt in the heart of Cubland.  Before the game I went down to the railing behind the Red's dugout and got Johnny Bench and Pete Rose to sign my scorecard for me.   Bench had hands like shovels!  I yelled my head off for the Reds, they beat the Cubs and my Mom let me drive our 1959 Oldsmobile home from Chicago after the game.   Maybe my favorite birthday memory.

My Mom was a beautiful woman with a great voice who had appeared on television and radio in Chicago and South Bend and had made commercials and recorded a couple of records.   She was related to Hoagy Carmichael and absolutely could have chosen to forget about kids and decided to become a movie/singing star.  She had the talent and the looks and the connections.  We had a couple of relatives in the movie business in Hollywood.   She could have been selfish, but instead she married my Dad because she loved him and later on they decided to have me.   Childbirth nearly killed her (I was a big baby and she was a tiny woman) and she decided never to have another child.   But she taught me to read before I was in kindergarten.   She taught me to sing and draw pictures.  My Dad let me help build model planes out of paper and toothpicks.   I got to help take the 1922 Chevy Touring Car apart and refinish it every winter.   There are pictures of my Mom and Dad wearing baseball hats and gloves, playing catch with me and teaching me to hit, the bat too big for little me and yet I would learn to hit the ball.   

I do wish my Dad had not climbed so high on the corporate ladder, becoming a globe-trotting big wheel instead of staying home to build his marriage and protect his family.   Divorce was a knife in my heart as a tiny boy.   To his credit, he stayed very involved in my life and took me to stay with him lots of weekends and for much of every summer.   It was my Mom who kept me for school, worked her butt off to move us out of a shaky neighborhood and eventually move us to a nice home in the 'burbs.

How many of us have a "normal" life?  Life is a series of choices and hills and valleys.   Through it all, I always had a Mom who loved me and believed in me.   I came to know my God who always loves me and believes in me.   Now I have family and friends and a rich, full life (not so much the money part, but the relationships part) for which I am thankful.  Because my Mom wanted me to be born.   Thank you, Mom!!!!

LOVE YOUR MOTHER!!!   GOD BLESS ALL MOTHERS!!!

35 comments:

j said...

Poisoning Mother's Day with this fundamentalist drivel and toxic hate speech?

Mother's Day?

Have you no sense of decency, sir, at long last? Have you left no sense of decency?

Anonymous said...

Surely you're not surprised...

Anonymous whatsit said...

"So Darwinists and Eugenicists who hunted down and skinned aborigines, forcibly castrated African-Americans and have promoted the murder of tens of millions of babies are moral?"

Check out Deuteronomy for some good ole God-inspired instructions to kill and enslave.

"The men who used Darwinist-inspired philosophy as an excuse to wipe out tens of millions of innocent people such as Hitler and Stalin and Mao are moral?"

Hitler was so inspired by Darwin he went and banned his books...

But why should you let facts stand in the way of a good rant, eh?

Anonymous said...

Talking about mothers and children...that story about Moses and the Pharaoh, didn't that somewhere involve God killing all the firstborn of Egypt?

Imagine how their mothers must have felt...

Anonymous said...

"In a wiser, more Godly society there would be fewer single parent homes and more stable home environments and life would be better for everyone."

Nice little day dream... but in practice religiosity doesn't coincide with the paradise you have in mind.

radar said...

Religiosity? What is that?

As for poisoning Mother's Day, baby murdering is wrong on every day. Any of you capable of making a post had a mother who chose to have you rather than "abort" you. Since I haven't murdered aborigines like animals to stuff and display in museums and since I have killed any babies, I have some decency. Those of you who defend such things? You are the ones with no decency.

I am in your face with your self-righteousness, you who do not value a baby as having a right to life, you who support racism and immorality. It is you who have no decency and it is hypocritical in the extreme to pretend otherwise. You Darwinist elitists who think you are smarter than the God of the Universe are the indecent fools.

Hitler banned Darwin's books because they didn't go far enough and specify white Germans as a master race. Darwinism was the basis for Hitler's insanity.

Furthermore, your remarkable ignorance about the Book of Deuteronomy is inexcusable. Anyone who cared to do any research would understand that the inhabitants of Canaan were sacrificing babies to idols, they had temple prostitutes, they worshipped false gods and lived in anarchy. The entire populace was ungodly.

God made the world and mankind and He gave us rules to follow. When Adam and Eve brought sin into the world, things went downhill to the point that homosexuality was commonplace, anarchy and the rule of force was everywhere and the worship of God had dwindled to just one family. He flooded the entire world and completely changed the face of the planet. That was the Noahic Flood.

radar said...

But mankind was stupid enough to defy God again and, when God told them to disperse and fill the planet they instead built a huge tower in Babel and all stayed together, building one huge mega-culture. So God confused their speech by turning one language into dozens of languages. This caused disparate groups to separate and go forth to the North and South and East and West.

Unfortunately, men abandoned worship of God and became more selfish and ungodly. God gave the land of Canaan to Abraham and his descendants. God allowed the descendants of Abraham to help save the Egyptians and all inhabitants of the area by revealing a coming famine and giving Joseph the wisdom to manage resources for the people of the region, so that Joseph was the second most powerful man in Egypt. But eventually the Egyptians lost their regard for the Hebrews and converted them to slaves. God freed His people and sent them back to claim their land.

During the time the Hebrews conquered the land, there were invitations sent out to the evildoers to leave or to give up their evil ways. God always allowed a way for non-Hebrews to join the people by decision and faith.

As to the concept of slavery, Christians were the ones who championed and put an end to the slave trade in Europe and the USA in modern times. Back in Bible times a "slave" was the equivalent of an employee in the Hebrew culture.

In short, colossal ignorance of history is constantly being expressed in the comments thread by Darwinists. Also, when a Darwinist makes a moral judgment I always like to ask him to provide his basis for morality. The law of tooth and claw doesn't come with morality included.

Finally, Pharoah kept telling the representatives of God (Moses and Aaron) that he would free the Hebrews and then he would lie. Then God would bring a plague on the Egyptians, Pharoah would agree to let them go and then he would change his mind. Finally, God told him to let the people go or God would kill all the Egyptian firstborn unless a lamb was killed and the lamb's blood smeared on the doorposts of the home. Whoever was marked by the blood was spared.

Pharoah basically killed those firstborn himself by defying God. Today in the USA abortion mills continually kill complete innocents in defiance of God. All you who agree with this have no right to talk about my decency. It is today's society that is indecent and it is Darwinists who are in need of repentance.

radar said...

So who wants to raise their hand and tell us why it is okay to reach in and slice up an innocent baby within the womb, the place where he or she should be protected?

So who wants to raise their hand and tell us why Hitler had the right to kill and torture Jews and handicapped folks and mentally challenged folks and political enemies? Stalin actually did the same thing but got less publicity and Mao killed even more than Stalin but apparently the world didn't show much concern about Chinese being killed and not much more about Russians and other Eastern Europeans and Asians behind the Iron Curtain.

Raise your hand if you think it would have been okay for your mother to abort you?

radar said...

Once in America we valued the core family - father, mother and children. Adultery was considered shameful. Now it is part of a prime time laugh track. Sex outside of marriage was not glorified, it was hidden. Now we hardly ever make movies without it. Homosexuality was considered immoral and was hidden behind closed doors. Now people are trying to change the definition of marriage to glorify yet another sin.

We were formed as a free nation based on Christian principles, capitalism, equal opportunity to succeed and fail and very particularly freedom of worship. We were to be a nation where everyone was free to worship and no one would be prohibited from worship and there would be no state religion.

But Humanism is the state religion and society is falling apart. Failed ideas like socialism, ludicrous environmentalism and other collectivist and pagan philosophies are being taught in the colleges as a matter of course.

Are you happy to see the climbing unemployment, teen pregnancies, divorce rate, homes being foreclosed, rising crime rates in cities and entire cities like Detroit and Gary turning into crumbling abandoned structures? Are you excited about cities and states facing bankruptcy and our national debt climbing to numbers you cannot fit on your calculator? This is what Darwinist philosophy has given us in the last century.

Wake up. Repent. Turn around. Make your Mom proud of you.

Anonymous said...

"Pharoah basically killed those firstborn himself by defying God."

You should know your Bible, Radar:

Exodus 11:9-10 (English Standard Version)

9Then the LORD said to Moses, "Pharaoh will not listen to you, that my wonders may be multiplied in the land of Egypt."

10Moses and Aaron did all these wonders before Pharaoh, and the LORD(C) hardened Pharaoh’s heart, and he did not let the people of Israel go out of his land.


God hardened Pharaoh's heart so that even if Pharoah had wanted to give in, he couldn't. Who's responsible then?
Since you think Christian morality be so superior, Radar: what are your thoughts on this? And don't give me that "It's God's world, so He can do what he wants"-line. I want to hear YOUR opinion on it.

On the topic of abortion:
What punishment do you propose for women who have had an abortion? Life sentence? Death penalty? After all, it's murder, right?

Anonymous said...

"Pharoah basically killed those firstborn himself by defying God."

You should know your Bible, Radar:

Exodus 11:9-10 (English Standard Version)

9Then the LORD said to Moses, "Pharaoh will not listen to you, that my wonders may be multiplied in the land of Egypt."

10Moses and Aaron did all these wonders before Pharaoh, and the LORD(C) hardened Pharaoh’s heart, and he did not let the people of Israel go out of his land.


God hardened Pharaoh's heart so that even if Pharoah had wanted to give in, he couldn't. Who's responsible then?
Since you think Christian morality be so superior, Radar: what are your thoughts on this? And don't give me that "It's God's world, so He can do what he wants"-line. I want to hear YOUR opinion on it.

On the topic of abortion:
What punishment do you propose for women who have had an abortion? Life sentence? Death penalty? After all, it's murder, right?

Anonymous said...

Apologies for the double-post. Blogger gave me a time-out but apparently had still posted the comment.

creeper said...

Nice to see the bigoted rants come out, Radar. Always refreshing.

"In a wiser, more Godly society there would be fewer single parent homes and more stable home environments and life would be better for everyone."

Meanwhile, back on planet Earth, the "more Godly" regions have higher divorce rates, higher crime rates etc. Seems that being more religious is far from a recipe for "fewer single parent homes and more stable home environments"...

"Hitler banned Darwin's books because they didn't go far enough and specify white Germans as a master race. Darwinism was the basis for Hitler's insanity."

... Radar freely made up so he can perpetuate his little (or actually pretty big) lie and demonization.

A more likely explanation for Hitler banning Darwin's books and calling the theory of evolution a "false scientific enlightenment" would be that Darwin's theory directly contradicts any notions of a Master Race, and that it essentially says that the Aryan Superman has the same ancestor as a chimp.

-- creeper

radar said...

Actually, as usual Darwinists learn about so-called Bible problems and repeat them ignorantly. Go ahead and read more than a couple of verses from Exodus and you will find that Pharoah hardened his own heart time and time again until God finally sealed his heart for all time.

Proverbs 29:1. Will that also reflect you?

No, abortion is legal in this country and cannot be charged as murder until the law is changed. At that time, yes, a mother will be charged for murder just like others are now when they kill her fetus in a car crash or a robbery. What did you expect?

creeper, you have proven yourself to be hopelessly inept at history and science and your love for Hitler is touching, but the historical link between Hitler and Darwin is inescapable and you can lie about it as you will, but readers who read my evidence will not agree with you, at least the vast majority.

Most readers will hopefully do some research before making blind unsupported statements like creeper's I hope. And j, right, I bet you teach ethics at Harvard...

Anonymous said...

"Go ahead and read more than a couple of verses from Exodus and you will find that Pharoah hardened his own heart time and time again until God finally sealed his heart for all time."

Fail, Radar:

Exodus 4:21

"The LORD said to Moses, “When you return to Egypt, see that you perform before Pharaoh all the wonders I have given you the power to do. But I will harden his heart so that he will not let the people go."

But even if Pharoah hardened his heart himself, it is still God doing the killing and not Pharaoh. So what are your thoughts on this, based on your Christian morality?

"creeper, you have proven yourself to be hopelessly inept at history and science and your love for Hitler is touching, but the historical link between Hitler and Darwin is inescapable and you can lie about it as you will,..."

Indeed, as j already pointed out, you seem to have no sense of decensy, embarrassement or shame. Only positive thing about this is that you reveal the ugly side of Christianity.
I mean, if Ken Ham could turn me to atheism, how many would you be able to turn away from Christianity?

creeper said...

"you have proven yourself to be hopelessly inept at history"

You're the one either unaware or avoiding the simple historical fact that the Nazis banned Darwin's theories and dismissed them as "false scientific enlightenment".

"and science"

Radar, you're the guy who thinks the theory of evolution predicts that bacteria will turn into something other than bacteria in a lab experiment, so you've abandoned all credibility re. science a looong time ago.

"and your love for Hitler is touching,"

Huh? Based on what exactly?

"but the historical link between Hitler and Darwin is inescapable"

So you think Hitler would like the idea that his Master Race shared ancestors with chimps and baboons but pretend publicly that he didn't? Seems unlikely to me. Aryan Superman notions are much easier to digest without inconvenient evolution.

"and you can lie about it as you will,"

Didn't lie about a thing. And I suspect you know that.

But if you do want to spread such an accusation, how about you specify where I lied?

"but readers who read my evidence will not agree with you, at least the vast majority."

They won't agree with me that the Nazis banned Darwin's books? It's not that hard to look up. Sorry if it rains on your little narrative.

-- creeper

creeper said...

Here you go:

http://www.library.arizona.edu/exhibits/burnedbooks/documents.htm

-- creeper

Chaos Engineer said...

Pharoah basically killed those firstborn himself by defying God. Today in the USA abortion mills continually kill complete innocents in defiance of God

OK, let me see if I understand this.

Suppose God were to tell President Obama, "Either sign an executive order banning abortion, or I will kill a large number of American children". And suppose President Obama said, "For the purposes of this story, I am a ridiculous caricature of a villain and will deny your request out of pure spitefulness".

And suppose God said, "OK, fine!" and directed some of His followers to hijack airplanes and fly them into skyscrapers that had American children in them. (God also secretly notified non-citizens so they'd know not to show up for work that day.)

If your children got caught up in that, would you and call it proof of God's Divine Justice? Or would you think that maybe your kids had been treated unfairly? Can you at least see why some people would want to criticize God for ordering the hijackings?

Actually, now that I think about it, you seem a little more worked up than usual. Did something happen last week to upset you?

radar said...

I did not make any bigoted comments. I have posted articles and links to experts who have conclusively shown that Hitler not only was inspired by the concept of evolution to help the "Master Race" win over "less evolved" humans, I have posted youtube evidence of his Darwinian rants that excused his vile behavior. Darwin and Malthus and Nietzsche had their impact on Marx and Galton and Hitler and Stalin. In fact today's environmental loonbats can also be seen to echo some of the philosophy of both Malthus and Darwin.

Darwinism is about as unscientific an hypothesis as I can imagine being propagated today. It has failed every test, it requires long strings of impossible events to have evolved even one living thing and yet we have billions of organisms, more than we can specify. I suppose we have a better count of the number of atoms in the Universe than we have of the number of organisms.

Anonymous said...

God hardens hearts by the mere thought of his existence because the idea of submission to a higher authority interferes with individual autonomy.

Every time Moses showed Pharaoh a miraculous sign from God Pharaoh brought out the priests of the gods of Egypt to reproduce what the God of Moses did. When the Egyptian priests finally said to Pharaoh, "This is the finger of God." EXODUS 8:19 Pharaoh got mad, he would never allow the Hebrew slaves out from under his control. It didn't matter to him what miraculous proof was presented, he would not except that he had to submit to any other authority.

Flash forward, Jesus came to fulfill all the requirements of the law that God gave to Moses for the children of Israel. He miraculously fed people, healed people and brought people back from the dead. But the religious establishment hardened their hearts against him.

What about you? Would you get mad at Jesus? Would you want to kill him? What could he do to convince you? DebB

radar said...

DebB,

Proverbs 29:1 was the idea I should have spelled out -

"He who is often rebuked, and hardens his neck,
Will suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy."

When you work for a living with your hands, they develop callouses from the wear on the areas that are being worn and hardened. Pharaoh kept hardening his heart against God until it was calloused and then he would be destroyed.

Again, God gave Pharaoh chances to let the Hebrews just go. Pharaoh would lie and say yes, then change his mind and then God would lower the boom on his nation. Yes, all in Egypt except the Hebrews and those who joined in with them were hurt by the choices of the ruler.

But then Proverbs 29:2 says this -
"When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice;
But when a wicked man rules, the people groan."

If you want to talk about Obama and judgment, keep in mind that God is not using a Moses to talk to him or anyone else in leadership. God's Word is finished. If abortion continues, there will be troubles that God will not protect us from but ultimately final judgment often doesn't happen until after death. Only a fool would compare the murder of innocent babies with the murder of innocent Americans in the Twin Towers and somehow think there is a moral lesson in there against the Creator God.

Islamoterrorists are cowardly murderers who will get what is coming to them and so are abortionists. Why are guys flying airplanes into buildings better or worse than guys chopping up children with knives and sucking them up with plastic tubes?

Anonymous said...

"Pharaoh kept hardening his heart against God until it was calloused and then he would be destroyed."

No Radar, God hardened Pharaoh's heart so he wouldn't sabotage his plan to kill all the Egyptian firstborn so He could make a point. The Bible is very clear on this. Stings, doesn't it?

"Why are guys flying airplanes into buildings better or worse than guys chopping up children with knives and sucking them up with plastic tubes?"

Why would a God that kills children to make a point be better? You still haven't given your own opinion on the slaughtering of the firstborn. Why not? Usually you're very quick to pass judgment. What's holding you back?

Anonymous said...

"What could he do to convince you? DebB"

That would be quite the task, Deb, since Radar is doing quite a good job keeping me away from Christianity.
If I ever should feel the urge to convert back to Christianity I would only have to visit Radar's blog to consider myself lucky not to be a Christian anymore.

radar said...

You anonymous commenters should read Exodus before you make such comments. Exodus clearly teaches that Pharoah hardened his own heart until such time as it was habitual, at which point God sealed his state.

Jesus Christ habitually ran into religious hypocrites who sought to get Him to identify Himself as the Messiah or the Son of God and then would seek to stone Him for telling them that truth. They did not want God or truth, they wanted their ways to stay the same.

So it is with you who reject Christianity on false grounds. You cannot take God's morality and try to judge Him by it when you have no standing. Only He who made all things has the right to determine the rules. You who reject the Rulemaker cannot rightly use them to judge God or man.

You like your personal sins and you like abortion and you like what you like. You do not care to admit that a Just God has the right to determine right and wrong.

You would do well to read John chapter five and then review chapter three. In truth, God has condemned us all for failure to obey the law and then extended free pardons for all who will trust Christ. So it comes down to your own choice. You therefore condemn yourself when you reject Christ.

What part of free forgiveness can you not understand? I was a wild party animal/wastrel who would prefer to go around you to get what I wanted but would run you over if necessary. I lived for myself. God didn't care. Was I willing to seek the truth and obey it if found? Surprisingly, despite everything, yes.

I am not a Christian because I am good. I didn't earn forgiveness. It was all God's doing. God keeps holding out the free gift of salvation to all.

Some of you have no hope unless you are whopped upside the head metaphorically. You'll get mad at me and make all sorts of false charges. But some, maybe just one, will be stung to the heart with the knowledge that Radar might be fallible but God is true.

I will get one hundred of you angry with me and making false charges and rejoice over the one who stops and begins to think on these things.

radar said...

John 3:14-21 -

" Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, that everyone who believes may have eternal life in him.

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.

This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil.

Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God."


Jesus was "lifted up" on the cross. The cross was the most shameful death a Jew could endure, for all who were lifted up on a tree were cursed. In this way Jesus took not only the sins and curses of all mankind, but also the death so that those who accept Him receive the substitutionary atonement and forgiveness and restoration to relationship with God.

You can say what you want about individual Christians and it will be meaningless. This is all about you and God. No one else. You. God.

Anonymous said...

"You who reject the Rulemaker cannot rightly use them to judge God or man."

Same or similar rules are found in other cultures regardless of their religions.

Just as easy to conclude that man developed morals by trial and error as the best way to live as a community and that the various religions were likewise invented. Yes, we can use morals to judge man because we are humans and humans invented/developed those morals.

You're just trying to take ownership of something that isn't your tribe's alone.

radar said...

I am in fact asserting that I am not taking ownership at all. God has ownership. When you meet God, it will do you no good to say, "Radar said this and that..." I cannot save myself, let alone you. It isn't about me at all.

God has ownership of the Universe and that includes you. Go ahead and tell me I am wrong. Still true.

Anonymous said...

"I am in fact asserting that I am not taking ownership at all. God has ownership."

You're taking ownership of the "rules" for your "Rulemaker", aren't ya?

Morals were developed by humans - including moral leaders like Jesus.

"God has ownership of the Universe and that includes you. Go ahead and tell me I am wrong. Still true."

I'm not going to tell you you're wrong. I'm going to tell you it's speculation. You have no basis on which to claim that it's true other than blind faith.

Which doesn't mean that it's wrong of course...

Anonymous said...

"but the historical link between Hitler and Darwin is inescapable"

The Nazis believed in evolution like creationists believed in evolution. They accepted microevolution and - to an extent - natural selection, kinda like animal husbandry. Which isn't unique to Darwin, is it?

What both Nazis and creationists don't buy into is macroevolution, for reasons that aren't entirely dissimilar. They can't bear the thought of humans being "just another animal", albeit highly advanced.

And macroevolution is part and parcel of Darwin's theory, so your attempt to pin the blame for Hitler in Darwin's shoes is enormously misplaced.

Anonymous said...

"Exodus clearly teaches that Pharoah hardened his own heart until such time as it was habitual, at which point God sealed his state."

No, it doesn't, Radar. It's blatantly clear. Why do you keep peddling this lie?

"You like your personal sins and you like abortion and you like what you like."

See, this is the truly disgusting face of the anti-abortion crowd. They automatically assume that if you're not anti-abortion, you like abortion.
I'm not pro-abortion, Radar. I just want abortion to be legal, safe, and -above all- rare. What are you willing to do to limit the number of abortions? Allow easier access to contraceptives? Have decent sex education? Or is it just illegalize and punish?

It isn't as black and white as you think, Radar.

Here's a link that painfully shows this:

http://goodmenproject.com/ethics-values/confronting-life/

Embriette said...

Exodus 8:15-"But when Pharaoh saw that there was respite, he hardened his heart..."
Exodus 8:32-"And Pharaoh hardened his heart at this time also, neither would he let the people go."
Exodus 9:34-"And when Pharaoh saw that the rain and the hail and the thunders were ceased, he sinned yet more, and hardened his heart, he and his servants." Radar is right, and Pharaoh DID harden his own heart. This, however, is interspersed among the times during which God hardened Pharaoh's heart. One commenter had said that God hardened Pharaoh's heart so that he wouldn't interfere with God's plan to kill a whole bunch of children. The person who said that clearly has a gross misunderstanding of this story. First, why would God want His peoples' freedom to be delayed? Wouldn't hardening Pharaoh's heart do that? Second, why would God want to kill children? He didn't, but because He is a just God, He did. As Radar said, the people knew what had to be done to avoid God's judgement. Pharaoh's heart was hardened so that Egypt would see Gods glorious works, and His extreme love and protection for His people Israel. How many Egyptians do you think ended up loving and serving God after He worked His glorious works in Egypt?

radar said...

""Exodus clearly teaches that Pharoah hardened his own heart until such time as it was habitual, at which point God sealed his state."

No, it doesn't, Radar. It's blatantly clear. Why do you keep peddling this lie?"


Go read Exodus and come back.

"See, this is the truly disgusting face of the anti-abortion crowd. They automatically assume that if you're not anti-abortion, you like abortion."

Yes, that is the logical conclusion. You are for abortion or against it. There is not a middle ground.

I'm not pro-abortion, Radar. I just want abortion to be legal, safe, and -above all- rare.

Preposterous. You want it legal, yes, clearly. Since the point of an abortion is to kill the baby then it cannot be safe. If you want it to be rare, make it illegal. Otherwise that language is counterintuitive.

What are you willing to do to limit the number of abortions? Allow easier access to contraceptives?

Contraceptives are easily obtained from all sorts of sources.

Have decent sex education?

It is called "abstinence." No sex, no pregnancy, no STD, no string of heartbreaks and suicides. Yes, sexually active teens are more likely to kill themselves. The idiots in charge of public schools think they need to teach grade schoolers how to have sex with each other when they could be pointing out the advantages of waiting.

Or is it just illegalize and punish?

Why should we limit child-killing to the first nine months? Why not let Moms have the child and have a year or two to decide whether they want to keep this one or throw it back?

"Illegalize" and punish seems to work to some exent to hold down murder and armed robbery.

"Illegalize" is an awkward word. Murder is a crime. Abortion is murder. What crime did the baby commit that is worthy of death? Well? Answer me that one!

Crimes like murder and armed robbery get punished in order to try to stop them from happening.

Besides all that, women who have abortions are punished. Abortions greatly increase the risks of breast cancer for the aborting mother. Aborting mothers are more likely to commit suicide than mothers who have their babies.

So many women in counseling who have found themselves naming and having birthdays for them, trying to deal with the reality of having murdered an innocent child.

Sites like Abort73,BrandiSwindell, AbortionChangesYou & JillStanek are there to inform people about the untold side-effects of abortions and the cold, evil truths behind the abortion industry and the history of the abortion movement.

Anonymous said...

@Embriette:

Before all those verses comes Exodus 4:21 in which God tells Moses that He will harden Pharaohs heart:

""The LORD said to Moses, “When you return to Egypt, see that you perform before Pharaoh all the wonders I have given you the power to do. But I will harden his heart so that he will not let the people go."

Can't get any clearer than that.
But are you -like Radar- saying that the one who actually does the killing is in no way responsable? Really?

Anonymous said...

"Go read Exodus and come back."

Look above: I did. But if it's so clear that I'm wrong, why not point it out to me? This is a tough one, isn't it Radar?

"Since the point of an abortion is to kill the baby then it cannot be safe."

I was talking about the mother, as you probably know. Or would you claim that abortion with a coathanger in some dirty basement is just as safe as abortion in a hospital by trained doctors?

"If you want it to be rare, make it illegal."

But of course! That's why there are so few drug addicts, right?

"It is called "abstinence." No sex, no pregnancy, no STD, no string of heartbreaks and suicides."

States which mandate abstinence-only sex educations have more unwanted teen pregnancies:

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/databriefs/db46.pdf

Children born to underage parents tend to have more birth and early life complications, resulting in poorer health, soaring costs -and at times death.
It stands to reason that if there are less unwanted pregnancies there will be less abortions. Are you willing to ACTUALLY do something about it or do you just want to shift responsibility and take none yourself?

"What crime did the baby commit that is worthy of death? Well? Answer me that one!"

Not before you tell me what crimes the Egyptian firstborn committed that's worthy of death.

"So many women in counseling who have found themselves naming and having birthdays for them, trying to deal with the reality of having murdered an innocent child. "

Which only proves that there IS no clear black or white side to this.
Did you actually watch the article/video I posted a link to?
Here it is again:

http://goodmenproject.com/ethics-values/confronting-life/

Comment on THAT for a change, instead of stigmatising and accusing.

I dare you!

highboy said...

1. Women who have abortions should be treated like murderers.
2. God murdering children and humans murdering children are completely different. As much as you may not like the concept, if God exists its His world. You have no right to be here. He was not obligated to create you and He is not obligated to treat you a certain way. What He says "is". If He says its good, its good, if He says its bad, its bad. Implying that an action done by God, if He exists, could be morally wrong implies that there is a principle higher than He. But if He does exist, that principle doesn't exist. He is the highest principle. This arbitrary rule over morality may be uncomfortable but truth is truth, comfortable or not. I much prefer an actual absolute authority as opposed to humans subjectively deciding to each his own what is moral and what is not. That concept is precisely why abortion exists, some look at a fetus as a human being, others do not. Human life if it truly is sacred to theists and atheists alike than there has to be a definitive line as to what constitutes a human life. It can't be sacred and subjective at the same time.
3. In regards to Hitler, Darwin of course never taught that different human races should be superior to another but the concept of natural selection, regardless of the intent of Darwin himself, was a very large contribution to the way Hitler justified his actions.