When a foolish paradigm becomes assumed, then foolish ideas make it into print!
Earliest Record of Mating Fossil Vertebrates: Nine Pairs of Fossilized Turtles Died While Mating 47 Million Years Ago
"Scientists have collected tens of thousands of fossils at this site in recent decades," notes co-author Dr. Stephan Schaal of the Senckenberg Naturmuseum in Frankfurt, "but only these turtles are known to occur in pairs, a total of nine so far." Detailed analysis of the fossil material revealed that each pair consists of a female and male individual. More importantly, even though the males typically face away from the females, the tail of some male individuals can be found wrapped under the shell of the female. "There is no doubt in my mind," says Dr. Joyce, "These animals died some 47 million years ago in the act of mating. No other vertebrates are known to have died during this important biological process and then been fossilized."
Most scientists agree that the Messel Pit Fossil Site originated as a deep volcanic crater lake that preserved animals and plants that sank to its bottom, but some questions remain, such as whether the lake had poisonous surface or only subsurface waters. Modern relatives of the fossil turtles found at Messel have permeable skin that allows them to breathe and stay under water for a long time. However, this adaptation can become lethal if these turtles enter poisonous waters. The very fact that turtles were seeking to reproduce at Messel reveals that the surface waters of the volcanic lake supported a thriving biotope.
Numerous turtles apparently died, however, when they accidentally sank into poisonous sub-surface waters while mating.
So you really believe that somehow by accident nine pairs of mating turtles were magically preserved in the very act of mating by sinking to the bottom of a poisonous lake?!! Preservation like this requires instantaneous anaerobic burial and not simply sinking down into water. The article above should be setting off alarms in the brains of critical thinkers.
So the magical thinking of Darwinism is easily seen in the way they view and interpret fossils but also in how they view and describe the workings of cells and living things of all kinds. Note how Darwinists continually use words that describe actions by organisms we would associate with intelligence and decision-making and action? As the CEH writers point out, they may just as well say, "Abracadabra!"
Some evolutionary papers are filled with verbs like arose, emerged, and originated. Do these convey scientific understanding, or are they veils concealing ignorance? Is it like saying “abracadabra” to say something “arose” by evolution? A recent paper about sophisticated metabolic enzymes in plants is a case in point.
In a paper by Weng, Philippe and Noel in Science (29 June 2012: Vol. 336 no. 6089 pp. 1667–1670; DOI: 10.1126/science.1217411), the magic starts right in the title: “The Rise of Chemodiversity in Plants.” It rose to a crescendo throughout the overture to evolution’s uncanny power to bring things forth out of nothing.1 In the following excerpts, the magic words, hedging words and personifications are highlighted in bold:
- The Emergence of Metabolism
- New metabolic branches continuously arose throughout land-plant evolution.…
- Since its origin as a fundamental property of the cell, metabolism is generally regarded as having evolved toward increasing order and catalytic efficiency.…
- Primary metabolism likely arose from promiscuous primeval metabolic reactions and evolved toward greater catalytic precision and efficiency. Specialized metabolism likely emerged from primary metabolism.
- Even deleterious changes appearing in one paralog may be tolerated and not eliminated by selection, when the other paralog contributes to fitness. In such cases, the evolution of advantageous activities can now be favored in new environments.
- .…increased catalytic promiscuity likely molded the evolution of specialized enzymes.
- Once a duplication-derived progenitor emerged, mutations may have loosened the energetic interdependencies.…
- For instance, the evolution of rosmarinic acid biosynthesis in Lamiaceae herbs arose from gene duplication of a BAHD acyltransferase.
- The emergence of rosmarinic acid synthase (RAS) in Lamiaceae likely followed substrate permissiveness of its evolutionary progenitor HCT, a more conserved enzyme ubiquitous in land plants.
- By exploiting the broader substrate recognition of ancestral DFR, I. gesnerioides evolved a red flower color.…
- After a gene-duplication event, one gene copy likely was selected for increased activity toward this substrate, resulting in the emergence of a new metabolic step.…
- Recurring Patterns of Metabolic Evolution
- The phenotypic outcome of an evolving plant-specialized metabolic system relies on the recruitment of multifunctional enzymes…
- In addition to the recruitment of individual enzymes into emerging pathways, enzymes with expanded substrate recognition that act consecutively in a particular pathway can reappear, operating on disparate metabolites.
In the “Future Directions” section at the end, the authors’ Darwinian proclivities emerged amidst of flock of stage doves:
By contrast, another paper in the same issue of Science had little to say about evolution, but a lot about revolution. In “Mining the Biodiversity of Plants: A Revolution in the Making” (Science, 29 June 2012: Vol. 336 no. 6089 pp. 1658–1661, DOI: 10.1126/science.1217410), four scientists from Brock University were excited about the potential health benefits for humans of “mining” the diversity of plant metabolites for medical applications:
1. The authors’ job was not to describe degradation or variations of existing functional molecules, but to explain how new cellular machines (proteins and metabolites) that provide new, useful functions arrived: i.e., how plants that did not have these functional molecules got them. Darwinians need to start from the bottom up; creationists start from the top down. Creationists do not discount natural variations, but question the ability of an unguided, aimless, purposeless process like neo-Darwinism to “innovate” new complex functions possessing more genetic information than before. Every scientist knows, furthermore, that entropy cannot be ignored.
2. In a similar vein, they stated, “Positing that protein functional promiscuity serves as the starting point for functional innovation through natural selection.…”
Darwinism is a religion but it is also a long-running fiction series that has more ridiculous plot twists and preposterous statements than all the popular soap operas put together. At least the concept of secret identical twins and unknown children from years past are possible. Mud and water and lightning converting itself into human beings is utterly ridiculous and completely unexplained by all that Darwinist blather. There are black boxes at every hand. Michael Behe is not a Young Earth Creationist, oddly enough, but his books Darwin's Black Box and The Edge of Evolution simply show the reader that Darwinism is a failed, impossible hypothesis that should not persist. Only the sheer number of uninformed true believers keeps it going.