Carnival of the Part-Time Poets (September)

Light Up and Live

the world is a haze
fogged up failures waiting to happen
the world is a haze
clouded up chaos ready to unfold
whenever the light inside
becomes the light we hide
in the shadows
of drenching darkness
that breaks in and blacks out
putting in our hearts, doubt
and words in our mouth

the tongue is a fire
brings to a boil inside and I perspire
and all of my anger
evaporates into a steam of hatred
setting off fire alarms around me
and they scream
louder and prouder
and the steam
travels in cold fronts round a fire
burning souls with the world’s desire
smoking up the children
high on hate
a messed up fate

save the light
take out weapons of love and fight
everything is at stake
and more of this I can’t take
let the flicker of a fighting flame
be the flicker that held out till heaven came


~~~~~~~

Pursuing Praxis: Lexophilic indulgence



FOR LEXOPHILES (LOVERS OF WORDS):

A will is a dead giveaway.

A backward poet writes inverse.

A chicken crossing the road: poultry in motion.

With her marriage she got a new name and a dress.

Show me a piano falling down a mine shaft and I’ll show you a-flat miner.

When a clock is hungry it goes back four seconds.

The guy who fell onto an upholstery machine was fully recovered.

A grenade fell onto a kitchen floor in France resulted in Linoleum Blownapart.

You are stuck with your debt if you can’t budge it.

Local Area Network in Australia : The LAN down under.

He broke into song because he couldn’t find the key.

A boiled egg is hard to beat.

He had a photographic memory which was never developed.

A plateau is a high form of flattery.

The short fortune teller who escaped from prison: a small medium at large.

Those who get too big for their britches will be exposed in the end.

When you’ve seen one shopping center you’ve seen a mall.

When she saw her first strands of gray hair, she thought she’d dye.

Bakers trade bread recipes on a knead to know basis.

Santa’s helpers are subordinate clauses.

Marathon runners with bad shoes suffer the agony of de feet.
—-

Coincidentally, two days ago I learned the word malapropism:

Malapropism: an incorrect usage of a word by substituting a similar-sounding word with different meaning, usually with comic effect.

Shakespeare, among others, was quite adept at this.

~~~~~~~

My Bubble Life

I guess we all still lie now and again...whether white lies... telling partial truths... or just being blatant. Some more than others. One of my friends was just talking to me about how I won't commit to certain things. I usually say ''I'll try'' or "I'll see." I say that b/c I don't want to be a liar and say I'll do something and not do it. Plus I will have let someone down.. and that's not such a great feeling. I do commit to many things though.

What do you feel about lying? When the last time you lied? What's the biggest lie? I really want to know some of the lies people have been caught in. What did you learn.. if anything? (not to get caught?) Keep it real.

The Liar's Creed

I roll past your lips like water

There's no stopping me

The Prince of Darkness is my father

He released me with glee

Now I am here

Seeking itching ears

Spreading my fears

Shedding no tears

I want to be used

Don't mind being abused

As long as my venom is spewed

Hear me out

I'll fill you with hate

Give me your mouth

I'll make you feel great

My untruths will break thee

Shake thee

Overtake thee

Do it NOW and bypass my late fee

In truth, there's no safety

So do you want to live safely?

Or do fun stuff and have good times

I'll give you good lines

To fool your friends

Again and again and again

It's not really such a bad sin

Especially small lies... I call them white

Just do what you might

Everyone lies... right?

My playground is man

My boundary is God

To use me is sin

Not just against men

You want a way out

But I keep getting bigger

To cover me up

Just gives me more vigor

If you want the key

To my demise

Confess me to God

The light I despise

It means life to you

And death to me

Now I am in bondage

While you are free

So watch for the trickery....

I have many up the sleeve

I fooled the perfect people!!

The couple named Adam and Eve

They wouldn't last

I knew it from the start

I even helped tear apart

The Man after God's own heart...

Yeah David!!!

The Giant killer, Mr. Mighty with just one stone

And I'll bet all you I have...

On your lips TODAY I'll find a home...

Just watch!

John 8:44