I had posted a link to a page that then linked to this article. But now I will also post the article. It is vital for the thinking individual to realize that there is no such thing as "science versus religion" involved in the creation versus evolution debate.
First, you pick your worldview and then you begin to use those assumptions to view evidence and come up with assertions concerning science. The validity of the assumptions has a great deal of impact on the statements that people label "science" and unfortunately the years of propaganda and censorship have caused ordinary people to just assume evolution is proven fact and move on with their day.
But evolution is neither proven nor factual. In fact, it is unsupported by the evidence and every new discovery is another problem for evolution. It reminds me a bit of The Picture of Dorian Gray. Darwinism is given this gloss of respectability when in fact it is a rickety Rube Goldberg mechanism that is broken in several places, a philosophy that leads people to devalue life and morality and simply dumbs down society.
Actually Goldberg machines make more sense than Darwinism by far...
Many people today insist that science can only be done by people who have a secular worldview—or at least by those who are willing to leave their religious views at the door as they enter the science lab. Several popular atheists and evolutionists have contended that people who reject the big bang and the evolution of living things are so backward that they cannot even be involved in developing new technologies.1 But is this really the case, or are these opponents of a biblical worldview simply making assertions that cannot be supported with facts and substantial arguments, having an incorrect understanding of true science?
Examples of Scientists Operating from a Christian Worldview
The Foundation for Science Is Biblical Christianity
It Is Not “Science vs. Religion”
I am convinced that the battle for humankind’s future must be waged and won in the public school classroom by teachers who correctly perceive their role as the proselytizers of a new faith: a religion of humanity that recognizes and respects the spark of what theologians call divinity in every human being. These teachers must embody the same selfless dedication as the most rabid fundamentalist preachers, for they will be ministers of another sort, utilizing a classroom instead of a pulpit to convey humanist values in whatever subject they teach, regardless of the educational level—preschool day care or large state university. The classroom must and will become an arena of conflict between the old and the new—the rotting corpse of Christianity, together with all its adjacent evils and misery, and the new faith of humanism.3
An Evolutionary Worldview Equals Science?
- No one has been able to observe or repeat the making of life from non-life (matter giving rise to life or chemical evolution).
- No one has been able to observe or repeat the changing of a single-celled life-form like an amoeba into a cow or goat over billions of years (biological evolution).
- No one has been able to observe or repeat the big bang (astronomical evolution).
- No one has observed millions of years of time progressing in geological layers (geological evolution).
So, Is Science Strictly Secular?
- Real science is observable and repeatable experimentation that only makes sense in a biblical worldview where God’s power keeps the laws of nature consistent. In other words, science proceeds from a biblical worldview.
- Secular humanism, with its subset of evolution, is in reality a religion and not science.
- Many of the greatest scientists were Bible-believing Christians whose biblical worldview motivated their scientific studies, showing that a strictly secular view is not necessary for performing science.