One important aspect of understanding the fossil rocks is to understand the Flood. So part of the set of posts concerning the Flood will be aspects of the entire event. Dr. Baumgardner's theory has been supported by evidence and therefore is well-supported by those who have actually considered the nuts and bolts of the Flood event.
The first two presentations from Dr. Baumgardner from the findings of the 2001 conference.
Part one above and part two below...Then Dr. Austin's presentation at the 2009 conference:
Audio-visual presentations make for a better impact in my opinion. The evidence is compelling!
Dr. Walt Brown's Hydroplate Theory is interesting and it is mentioned below. Since the majority of scientists continue to adhere to the unsupported long age mythology, there have not been many people working on the contrasting ideas and trying to bring them together. Some of Dr. Brown's ideas seem to have merit, but they have not been researched and supported to the extent that the CPT assertions of Baumgardner and his associated group of scientists. More video in another post.
Now a written overview:
- Main Article: Plate Tectonics
- There is a ring of relatively cool material in the lower mantle that corresponds to past and present subduction zones surrounding a hit zone under the Pacific, and hotter material being squeezed up under Africa as predicted by Catastrophic plate tectonics.
- A more recent discovery of a slab of oceanic crust in the lower mantle also predicted by Catastrophic plate tectonics.
- Main Article: Hydroplate theory
The Heat Problem
- A rapid expansion of space would remove large amounts of heat. This could be either universal or local.
- Based on M-theory a super cold extremely near parallel universe could serve as a heat sink.
- A direct act of God.
- The waters from the deep may have been freezing cold, which would absorb excess heat.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Can Catastrophic Plate Tectonics Explain Flood Geology?by Andrew A. Snelling November 8, 2007
- ↑ Geologic fault by Wikipedia
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Earthquakes and Plate Tectonics by the U.S. Geological Survey, Earthquake Hazards Program.
- ↑ Antonio Snider-Pellegrini by Wikipedia
- ↑ *The Hydroplate Theory: An Overview by Walt Brown PhD
- ↑ The Hydro-Plate Theory and The Great Flood by Walt Brown PhD
- Catastrophic plate tectonics: the geophysical context of the Genesis Flood TJ 16(1):58–63 April 2002 by John Baumgardner
- Catastrophic Plate Tectonics - The physics behind the Genesis Flood by John Baumgardner. Presented at the Fifth International Conference on Creationism. August 4-8, 2003
- Computer Modeling of Tectonics Associated with the Genesis Flood by John Baumgardner. Presented at the Third International Conference on Creationism July 18-23, 1994
- Flood models: the need for an integrated approach by by A.C. McIntosh, T. Edmondson & S. Taylor. Technical Journal 14(1):52–59 April 2000
- Forum on Catastrophic Plate Tectonics by TJ editors. TJ 16(1):57. April 2002
- In the Beginning: Catastrophic Plate Tectonics and the Genesis Flood 27 minute documentary of Baumgardner's model that may be previewed online.
- Is catastrophic plate tectonics part of Earth history? by Michael J. Oard, Journal of Creation 16(1) 2002. April 2002
- Phases of the Hydroplate Theory: Rupture, Flood, Drift, and Recovery by Dr. Walter Brown
- Runaway Subduction as the Mechanism for the Genesis Flood by John Baumgardner. Presented at the Third International Conference on Creationism July 18-23, 1994
- The Geophysics of God: A scientist embraces plate tectonics--and Noah's flood U.S.News & World Report. June 8, 1997.
We have little chance of being sure of the triggering mechanism from about 4500 years later, but we can see that the cool, dense crustal rock is identified present in the mantle, with no good explanation other than being subducted rock from the Flood event that has not warmed up to the temperature of the surrounding mantle. How can this be, unless the amount of subducted rock was immense and the event fairly recent?